The Dunkin’ So Close You Can Taste it Sweepstakes
Official Rules 2022
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 7:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 8, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on June 8, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter (hereinafter, each an “Entry”):
- Instagram: You must be a follower of the Dunkin’ account at @Dunkin on Instagram to enter. If you don’t already have an Instagram account, visit http://www.instagram.com/ to create one. Please note that your Instagram account must be set to public and that you must agree to comply with the Instagram Terms of Service (http://instagram.com/legal/terms/) in order to create your Instagram account. It is free to create an account. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, you must post a photo showing us your championship style and use the hashtags #DunkinBoston #SoCloseYouCanTasteItSweeps in order to receive (1) Entry.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, for each method of entry, for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, Facebook or Instagram account. Incomplete Entries, Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, Entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules, including, without limitation the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) detailed below, or Entries which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible. Proof of submission of post does not constitute proof of delivery or Entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of the above stated limitation, will be void. All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the Administrator is the official timekeeping device. Message and data rates may apply if web-enabled mobile device is used to enter. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Using the above referenced hashtag in your post constitutes your consent to these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. You understand that in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes that you are providing your information to Sponsor, and not to Instagram or Facebook.
- Submission Guidelines: Each Entry that is submitted to this Sweepstakes must comply with the following submission guidelines (the “Submission Guidelines”) to be eligible. Any Entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates these Official Rules or the Submission Guidelines below will be disqualified and/or will not be eligible to win the Grand Prize (as defined below).
The Entry MUST, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
- Be written in English.
The Entry must NOT, in the sole discretion of Sponsor and the NBA Entities, as applicable:
- Contain language that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement), without permission;
- Disparage Sponsor or its products or services, Sponsor’s competitors or their products or services, any NBA Entity, the game of basketball or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned or posted by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use for this Sweepstakes;
- Contains the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission;
- Contain language that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, controversial or libelous;
- Contain language that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain, or contain language that promotes, (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol or drugs; (d) dangerous stunts; or (e) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles;
- Contain language that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations; and/or
- Contain language in which the Released Parties do not wish to associate themselves with, in their sole discretion.
- Grand Prize Drawing/Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): On or about one (1) calendar day after the Sweepstakes Period had ended, Administrator, an independent judging agency, shall perform a prize drawing, from among all eligible Entries received, in order to select one (1) Potential Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) winner. Once confirmed as detailed below, the Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) pair of tickets to a Boston Celtics game for the winner and one (1) guest (subject to availability; Friday June 10, 2022) (ARV: $1,250 per ticket). The total ARV of all Prizes available to be awarded in the Sweepstakes is two thousand five hundred dollars (ARV: $2,500.) In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of Prizes herein. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any Grand Prize in whole or in part will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to Grand Prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined by Sponsor shall be allowed. All Grand Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from accepting a Prize in this Promotion are the sole responsibility of the applicable Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the tax year in which they accepted the Prize for the actual value of the Prize awarded. TRANSPORTATION, PARKING, LODGING, AND FOOD/BEVERAGES NOT INCLUDED. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Sponsor is not responsible if game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason; the terms of the ticket shall govern, no substitution will be provided by Sponsor, except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Seating to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any applicable venue rules and regulations will apply, including COVID-19 vaccination or testing policy in effect at the Arena at the time of the game. Winner and guest must abide by all venue policies. Resale of tickets is prohibited. Winner and guest fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that may be implemented from time to time based upon public health and government-sponsored guidelines (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prize Winner Notification/Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner is not an official winner unless and until Sponsor/Administrator confirms such. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via a DM on Instagram or Facebook, immediately following the Prize Drawing. Administrator will make two (2) attempts to contact each potential Grand Prize winner via such method. Potential Grand Prize Winner will have three (3) hours from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to Administrator or potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and Administrator will select/notify an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner, time permitting. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for a potential Prize winner fails for any reason, or if a potential Grand Prize winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, within the timeframe provided, or cannot accept the prize for any reason, the applicable prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries, if any, time permitting. By accepting the Grand Prize in the Sweepstakes, the potential/confirmed Grand Prize Winner hereby consent to the use by the Released Parties of their entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally-identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising and trade) in any media now known or hereinafter developed in any manner throughout the world (including, without limitation, the World Wide Web and on-air) in perpetuity without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. All decisions of Sponsor/Administrator relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
- General Terms/Limitation of Liability: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Released Parties assume no responsibility for late, lost, jumbled, garbled, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate Entries, mail, or other communications of any kind, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any platform or website, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible Entries submitted prior to cancellation or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated tweets, comments, posts, statuses, and votes are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the participation process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entrants agree that the Released Parties: (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Released Parties, from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE GRAND PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. In the event that a court, or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, shall hold any of the provisions of these Official Rules to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute
- Governing Law/Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF. THE SWEEPSTAKES RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- Request for the Names of Winners and/or Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 6/15/22, to: Dunkin’ So Close You Can Taste It Sweepstakes, c/o Sunflower Group, 575 West Street, Mansfield, MA, 02048.
- Sponsor: Dunkin’ Brands Inc., 130 Royall Street, Canton, MA 02021.