The Dunkin’ Butter Pecan Butter Pecontest Contest
Official Rules 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Dunkin’ Butter Pecan Butter PeContest Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 26, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on April 28, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, write an essay in a single Tweet telling us why Butter Pecan coming back is the best thing to ever happen, tag @dunkindonuts, and use #ButterPeContest to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”). If you do not already do so, you must also follow @dunkindonuts on Twitter. You can “unfollow” @dunkindonuts fifteen (15) days following the end of the Contest Period. Limit one (1) Entry per person. Multiple Entries from any person will be void.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any Entry contains content that does not comply with these Official Rules or does not otherwise comply with regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry. Entry must in English and must be original to Entrant and owned by Entrant. Entry must not duplicate any other Entry. Entry must not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials (other than Sponsor-owned), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to, corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, or religious statements, other than Sponsor’s), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and will disqualify the Entry, Entry must not contain viruses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information. Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image/brand image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The Entry must not disparage Sponsor, its products or services, or other persons or organizations. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby irrevocably grants the Contest Entities the non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (and all elements embodied therein) (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion), including entrant’s name, handle, voice, performance, image and/or photograph, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, and/or other Sponsor-selected media) in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional notification or compensation to, or permission from, entrant or any third party, except where prohibited by law.
- ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) entrant’s Entry is non-professional and the sole, original work of the entrant, which has not been copied or otherwise plagiarized, in whole or in part, from any other source (other than the Sponsor-provided content) and, as of the date of Entry submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (ii) entrant’s Entry has not been published previously or submitted in any other competition; (iii) entrant owns all rights in and to the Entry; (iv) entrant’s Entry does not and will not violate or infringe upon (nor is it at risk of infringing) any third party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights; and (v) entrant’s Entry does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be considered defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties (as defined below) harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant under these Official Rules.
- JUDGING: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged within three (3) business days after the end of the Contest Period by Sponsor-selected judges, based on the following criteria: Originality/Creativity (50%); Love of Butter Pecan (25%); and Love of Dunkin’ (25%); to determine five (5) Grand Prize winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on: Originality/Creativity (100%). Decisions of Sponsor-selected judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Judging scores will not be revealed.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/CONFIRMATION: The potential prize winners (“Prize Winners”) are not official winners unless and until Sponsor confirms such. The potential Prize Winners will be notified via a Direct Message to his/her/their Twitter account, on or about five days after April 28, 2023. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts, two (2) calendar days apart, to contact the potential Prize Winners via such method. Such potential Prize Winners will have two (2) calendar days from the time of the second notification attempt to respond to Sponsor or else Sponsor will move on and notify an alternate potential Prize Winner. If any notification or notification attempt is returned as undeliverable or as an error, or if the potential Prize Winner declines his/her/their prize, or a potential Prize Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the prize may be forfeited and the runner-up (if any) will be contacted. If the Contest Period has ended and there are an insufficient number of eligible Entries received, Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period and award the prizes in accordance with these Official Rules. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- PRIZES (5): One (1) Free Dunkin’ Coffee for a Year fulfilled in five hundred and ninety-eight dollars ($598) of Dunkin’ gift cards. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,990. No transfer or substitution for any prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted by a Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion, All federal, state, and other tax liabilities as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided arising from accepting a prize in this Contest are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- GENERAL RULES: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities and Twitter (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with creation of or submitting an Entry in the Contest, the receipt, ownership, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize awarded or for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries, Tweets, email, direct messages, posts, mail, or other communications of any kind; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer or other device resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the Prize Winners from among all non-suspect eligible Entries submitted prior to cancellation, based on the same criteria listed above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE MASSACHUSETTS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
11. REQUEST FOR WINNERS: For the names of the Prize Winners, available after May 5, 2023, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Dunkin’ Butter Pecan Butter Pecontest Contest Winner, c/o Sunflower Group, 575 West Street, Suite 120, Mansfield, MA 02048, for receipt by no later than July 15, 2022.
SPONSOR: Dunkin’ Brands Inc., 130 Royall St., Canton, MA 02021.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter.