The Dunkin’ Refresher on Life Contest
Official Rules 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBLE AREA AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Dunkin’ Refresher on Life Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 14, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on July 6, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). All eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period will be judged to determine seven (7) Grand Prize Winners, Twenty six (26) First Prize Winners, and fifty two (52) Second Prize Winners.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, there are two (2) ways to enter:
- TikTok: A TikTok account can be opened for free by downloading the TikTok application from the Apple store or Google Play. Entrants (“you” or “Entrant”) must have their account settings set to public and be a follower of the Dunkin’ account at @dunkin. Internet access is required. If you don’t already have a TikTok account, visit http://www.TikTok.com/ to create one. Please note that you must agree to comply with the TikTok Terms of Service (http://TikTok.com/legal/terms/) in order to create your TikTok account. It is free to create an account.
At the start of the Contest Period, @dunkin will post the call to action on TikTok, “Tell us what refresh is happening in your life this summer” and ask their followers to answer by posting a video on TikTok describing what refresher is happening in their life this summer, tagging @dunkin, and using #DunkinRefreshContest or #DunkinRefresherContest #NewEngland in order to receive one (1) entry.
- Instagram: An Instagram account can be opened for free by downloading the Instagram application from the Apple store or Google Play. Entrants must have their account settings set to public and be a follower of the Dunkin’ account at @dunkin. Internet access is required for entry. If you don’t already have an Instagram account, visit http://www.instagram.com/to create one. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Instagram Terms of Service (http://instagram.com/legal/terms/) in order to create your Instagram account. It is free to create an account.
At the start of the Contest Period, @dunkin will post the call to action on Instagram, “Tell us what refresh is happening in your life this summer” and ask their followers to answer by posting a video on Instagram to their main Instagram feed describing what refresher is happening in their life this summer, tagging @dunkin, and using #DunkinRefreshContest or #DunkinRefresherContest #NewEngland in order to receive one (1) entry.
All content submitted shall herein be referred to as the entry (the “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person throughout the Contest Period (regardless of Entry platform). Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same TikTok or Instagram account. Incomplete Entries, Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, Entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules, including, without limitation the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) detailed below, or Entries which subvert the Entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible. Proof of submission of post does not constitute proof of delivery or Entry during Contest Period. Entries received from any person in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible. The applicable platform’s clock is the official timekeeping device. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Entering via the methods stated above constitutes your consent to these Official Rules. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with TikTok or Instagram. In the event any other people are depicted in your Entry, you attest that they are 18 years or older and they have agreed that you may submit such content.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any Entry contains content that does not comply with these Official Rules or does not otherwise comply with regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry. Entry must be original to Entrant and owned by Entrant. Entry must not contain music or duplicate any other Entry. Entry must not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group). Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials (other than Sponsor-owned), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to, corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, or religious statements, other than Sponsor’s), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and will disqualify the Entry. Entry may not be owned, taken or edited by a professional videographer. Entry must not contain viruses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information. Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image/brand image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The Entry must not disparage Sponsor, its products or services, or other persons or organizations. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby irrevocably grants the Contest Entities the non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (and all elements embodied therein) (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion), including Entrant’s name, handle, voice, performance, image and/or photograph, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, and/or other Sponsor-selected media).
- ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each Entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) Entrant’s Entry is non-professional and the sole, original work of the Entrant, which has not been copied or otherwise plagiarized, in whole or in part, from any other source (other than the Sponsor-provided content) and, as of the date of Entry submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (ii) Entrant’s Entry has not been published previously or submitted in any other competition; (iii) Entrant owns all rights in and to the Entry; (iv) Entrant’s Entry does not and will not violate or infringe upon (nor is it at risk of infringing) any third party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights; and (v) Entrant’s Entry does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be considered defamatory or libelous. Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant under these Official Rules.
- JUDGING: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged within three (3) business days after the end of the Contest Period by Sponsor-selected judges, based on the following criteria: Originality/Creativity (50%); Adherence to Contest Theme (25%); and Perceived Need of a Refresh (25%); to determine one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, and one (1) Second prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on: Originality/Creativity (100%). Decisions of Sponsor-selected judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Judging scores will not be revealed.
WINNER NOTIFICATION/CONFIRMATION: The potential Prize Winners (defined below) are not official winners unless and until Sponsor confirms such. The potential Prize Winners will be notified via a Direct Message to his/her/their TikTok handle or Instagram account, depending on how Entry was submitted, on or about five days after June 17, 2022. The administrator will make two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner via such method. Potential Winner will have three (3) hours from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to Administrator or the potential Winner will be disqualified and Administrator will select/notify an alternate potential prize winner, time permitting. If any notification or notification attempt is returned as undeliverable or as an error, or if the potential Prize Winner declines his/her/their prize, then the prize may be forfeited and the runner-up (if any) will be contacted. The seven (7) potential Grand Prize Winners, the twenty six (26) potential First Prize Winners, and the fifty two (52) potential Second Prize Winners, once confirmed by Sponsor, will be sent an Affidavit of Acceptance/Eligibility/Assignment of Rights (the “Prize Claim Documents”) and will have to accept, sign and return the Prize Claim Documents to Sponsor or Administrator within the time period stated, or else such Prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the runner-up will be contacted. If the Contest Period has ended and there are an insufficient number of eligible Entries received, Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period and award the prizes in accordance with these Official Rules. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
PRIZES: On or about two (2) business days after the Contest Period had ended, Administrator, an independent judging agency, shall perform a prize drawing, from among all eligible Entries received, in order to select seven (7) Potential Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) winners, twenty six (26) potential First Prize (“First Prize”) winners, and fifty two (52) Potential Second Prize (“Second Prize”) winners, each individually referred to as a “Prize Winner”. Once confirmed officially as a Grand Prize Winner, per Section 8 above, the Grand Prize winners (the “Prize Winner”) will each receive one (1) check for one thousand dollars ($1,000), Two (2) sponsor-specified suite tickets to the Boston Red Sox Game on July 10th 2022 (ARV: $505), one (1) five hundred dollar Dunkin’ gift card ($500), and one (1) Rovr Cooler Summer Prize Pack (ARV: $500) . Once confirmed officially as a First Prize Winner, per Section 8 above, the First Prize winners (the “Prize Winners”) will each receive one (1) five-hundred-dollar Dunkin’ gift card ($500), and one (1) Rovr Cooler Summer Prize Pack (ARV: $500). Once confirmed officially as a Second Prize Winner, per Section 8 above, the Second Prize winners (the “Prize Winners”) will each receive one (1) one hundred dollar Dunkin’ gift card (ARV: $100) and one (1) Rovr Cooler Summer Prize Pack (ARV: $500). No transfer or substitution for any prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted by a winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided arising from accepting a prize in this Contest are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner and the First Prize Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the tax year in which he/she/they accepted the Prize for the value of the Prize awarded. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- PUBLICITY GRANT: Acceptance of the a prize constitutes permission to the Contest Entities to use Prize Winner’s Entry, name, social handle, voice, performance, city and state of residence, and likeness for promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notice, review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the Prize Winners from among all eligible Entries submitted prior to cancellation, based on the same criteria listed above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE MASSACHUSETTS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
12. REQUEST FOR WINNERS: For the names of the Prize Winners, available after July 1, 2022, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Dunkin’ Refresher on Life Contest Winner, c/o Sunflower Group, 575 West Street, Suite 120, Mansfield, MA 02048, for receipt by no later than July 15, 2022.
SPONSOR: Dunkin’ Brands Inc., 130 Royall St., Canton, MA 02021.